19 June 2006

Fuzzy in the Brain

My literary pursuits have slowed recently. I'm having to really concentrate to make any sense out of non-fiction books. You know what I mean, right? You get to the end of a page and realize that you have no idea what you just read, and even with some concentrated thinking you still can't come up with the main point on the page? It makes spending too much time reading seem a bit of a waste, since I can't even recall what I've read.

I haven't even wanted to listen to any new fiction. I've just been relistening to a couple of my favorites from Terry Pratchett. (Thud! and Monstrous Regiment so far.)

Once I begin hitting on all of my cylinders again I'll be back to posting some new reads. Until then, I can't seem to find Monstrous Regiment in my old posts, so I guess I neglected to blog it the first time I read it. I'll do that soon.

7 comments:

happytheman said...

Good I thought it was just me must be the moon over borbon street(?). I read half of Simply Christian and felt like I hadn't even read the book. so I started it again.

reJoyce said...

You, too? Either that's good and it is just "the moon over Bourbon Street" or else it's bad news and we're both headed down the road to "old-timers" disease or worse. I'm hoping for the "moon over Bourbon Street" scenario. (It may be the second choice though. I just had to ask my 14 yo how to spell scenario.)

Clint said...

no i do not know what you mean, it is like that all the time for me.

Bill Williams said...

Here's a question that might seem totally off the wall for you bibliophilist: How many of you suffer from seasonal allergies?

I've found that I sometimes have difficulty concentrating this time of the year because my body is either ultra-fatigued due to trying to function in spite of allergies or suffering from a drug induced stupor as a result of meds that help me deal with them.

Anyone else deal with the same thing?

reJoyce said...

Aw, poor Clint. ;-)

Bill,
I do suffer from seasonal allergies, and think that is a major part of my problem in not being able to concentrate right now. I had three years of allergy shots and do not have as many problems as I did before, but I still have some symptoms. There's also a pretty good chance that some of it is good old stress, too. Such fun.

Eric said...

I think that there is something to the time of year and reading. I have been moving at a snails pace through much of my reading list of late.

Greetings from the Detroit area! (And, from your other blog, as one who moved north from OK and TX, I hate Michigan lefts too!)

reJoyce said...

Maybe the traffic engineer who came up with those Michigan lefts had seasonal fuzzy brain, too! :-)