09 November 2004

Delicious Library

A couple of years ago I started cataloging my books with a program called Library. Though I started at it before our move to the UK, I have only recently come near to completing the process thanks to a barcode scanner. (The main reason it isn't done is a rather large ocean between me and that last shelf that I haven't tackled yet.) If you've ever toyed with the idea of cataloging your books I'd highly recommend a barcode scanner of some sort. It really sped up the whole process. We had a lot of fun with it and now have an almost complete list of our library.

Now there is a new version of Library, called Delicious Library, just released by a newly launched company called Delicious Monster. Here's what Mac Central has to say about the new software:

The software includes barcode scanning support through Apple's iSight Webcam, high-res 3D renderings of your media's covers, Address Book and iCal-coordinated checkout, automatic syncing with iPods, two-click purchases through Amazon.com, and native XML file format.

It looks like it is going to be a good program, though I'll admit I haven't had much time to play with it beyond importing my books and DVD's. My next goal will be to try syncing with my iPod. What fun!

No comments: