05 October 2005

A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin

Fiction. Unabridged audiobook from Random House Audio. Published in 1999, recorded in 2004. Read by Roy Dotrice. 36 hours and 38 minutes. Purchased from Audible.com

The second in the series A Song of Ice and Fire. The series is still keeping me guessing. The story does not move quickly, but I am enjoying it none the less. I'm several hours into the third book and have just discovered that this in an unfinished series, expected to go to either six or seven books. (Flashes of the agony of waiting on Robert Jordan pop into my mind.) The fourth book is due out November 8 this year, so it's going to be a long wait for the whole series. I am not especially surprised as it did not seem to me that in the third book things were beginning to be resolved. I guess I'll have to wait a long bit before knowing how it all ends up. (Me and many others, I'm sure.) Shame on me for thinking that since there were three books I would be able to read the whole series in quick secession!

Publisher's summary:
A comet the color of blood and flame cuts across the sky. And from the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns. Six factions struggle for control of a divided land and the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, preparing to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war.
It is a tale in which brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk in the night. Here a princess masquerades as an orphan boy; a knight of the mind prepares a poison for a treacherous sorceress; and wild men descend from the Mountains of the Moon to ravage the countryside. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, victory may go to the men and women possessed of the coldest steel...and the coldest hearts. For when kings clash, the whole land trembles.


To buy from amazon.co.uk, click here: A Clash of Kings (Song of Ice & Fire)
from amazon.com, click here: A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, Book 2)

No comments: