22 October 2005

Tintin (Volume 4) Hergé

Fiction. Hardback from Little, Brown and Company. Originally published in 1945. Published in 1991. Purchased from Amazon.com

My first introduction to the Tintin books was when we lived in the Netherlands in the early 1970's. Over the years I have enjoyed introducing my kids to Tintin, and have relished rereading many of the 23 books in the series. (I haven't read all of them, but have been searching our local library to see about catching up on the ones we don't have.) Originally published in French, the books have been translated into over 50 languages. (Dutch being the first language I read them in. Can't do that anymore even though I still have the book!) I enjoy these three in one books because they are more compact than the individual editions. I do like the individual ones too, though. They have the advantage of being the original format, plus being a better choice for seeing the detail in the artwork.

Publisher's summary:
Whether he's trolling the high seas for treasure or blasting off for the moon, young reporter-sleuth Tintin and his faithful dog, Snowy, have delighted readers everywhere for generations with their timeless adventures. Join Tintin and Snowy as they tackle the toughest mysteries around the world in Red Rackham's Treasure, The Seven Crystal Balls, and Prisoners of the Sun.

To buy from amazon.com, click here: The Adventures of Tintin - Red Rackham's Treasure / The Seven Crystal Balls / Prisoners of the Sun (3 Complete Adventures in 1 Volume, Vol. 4)

No comments: