25 August 2005

40 over 40 by Brenda Kinsel

Non-Fiction. Paperback from Wildcat Canyon Press;. Published in 1999. Purchased at the Cascade Public Library from their used book shelf.

The subtitle of this book is 40 Things Every Woman Over 40 Needs to Know About Getting Dressed I'm not really sure why I picked it up. Maybe just the fact that it was only $2. But, then maybe that should have told me not to buy it. Truthfully though, it's not a bad little book. I think I even learned a thing or two. One of my favorite tidbits was the exhortation not to feel bad about your body when you can't find clothes that fit you right. She says it's the clothes that aren't right, not you. I liked that. I think it was a well spent $2.00 and I will be giving some thought to the advice offered within.

Publisher's summary:
Attention women over Forty! Don't buy another outfit without reading this book!

Do you struggle every day with decisions about what to wear? Is your personal style whatever you can grab and don quickly? Do you gaze into your closet and think: "I have nothing to wear," even though it is packed full of clothes?

Well, fret no more, because help has arrived! In 40 over 40, professional image consultant Brenda Kinsel helps you select clothes and accessories that are perfect for you -- not your mother or daughter. Fun, informative, and inspirational, 40 over 40 is bursting with tips and practical advice that will help you appear every bit as successful and accomplished on the outside as you are on the inside.

Every woman in her forties can have a glorious relationship with her clothes -- 40 over 40 shows you how to love what you wear and wear what you love!


To buy from amazon.com, click here: 40 Over 40: 40 Things Every Women over 40 Needs to Know About Getting Dressed
To buy from amazon.co.uk, click here:40 Over 40: Forty Things Women Over Forty Need to Know About Getting Dressed

No comments: